In assembly engineering we react to the increasing number of variants by investigating novel and economically efficient technologies. One main research topic comprises the development of production systems with a high degree of flexibility and autonomy. In our research factory “Resource-Efficient Production” we represent essential manufacturing stages of car body production. Furthermore, we thoroughly analyze complete solutions for future automotive applications and test them under realistic conditions of production.
- Sensitive robotics for complex assembly tasks
- Human-robot interaction systems
- Knowledge-based process control based on artificial intelligence
- Flexible technologies for handling, fixtures and joining
- Application-specific and cost optimized robot systems
- Software for intelligent automation of planning and developing tasks, including their optimization
- Bionic lightweight construction of joining systems