The Vanguard Initiative is supported by companies and institutes from 30 European regions. It offers new opportunities for closing process chains, thematic debate, synergetic use of equipment and pilot lines as well as jointly bidding for grants.
As a bottom-up initiative of European regions for more growth through linked infrasctructure ist objectives are:
- Improved competititiveness and growth
- Internationalization of European value chains
- Re-industrialization and industrial modernization
Companies from Saxony can benefit as follows:
- Find new business contacts
- Visibility of Saxon competencies and interests at European level
- Participation in European projects
In 2015, Martin Dulig, State Minister for Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport, signed the Milan Declaration. Saxony became an official member of the Vanguard Initiative. Since 2014 Fraunhofer IWU and the Cluster of Excellency, MERGE, based at Technische Universität Chemnitz, have been working in Vanguard in multiregional working groups:
- Efficient Manufacturing Processes
- Digital and Virtual Factory
In these topics you can get actively involved in creating a Saxon network. For more information and for any questions that may arise, please get in touch with Katja Haferburg using the contact details on the right-hand side.